Do you see yourself in these questions?
- Do you avoid talking about the subject of abortion?
- Do you feel guilt, anger, or sorrow when the subject of abortion comes up?
- When abortion is mentioned in public, do you react physically [stomach muscles tighten, clenched jaw, or hold your breath]?
- Does seeing babies, pregnant women, or baby items remind you of your abortion?
- Are you uncomfortable around children, especially those who would be the age of the one you aborted?
- Do you tend to think of your life in terms of "before" or "after" the abortion?
- Do you feel anger or resentment toward people who were involved in your abortion such as the baby's father, your friends at the time, or your parents?
- Do you shut down or feel numb when you're in a highly emotional situation?
- Do you experience explosive emotions?
- Have your relationships changed since the abortion by either becoming overly dependent or avoiding closeness?
- Do you have a vague empty feeling or a deep sense of loss or prolonged periods of depression?
- Do you feel like you're all alone with the emotional pain you're experiencing?
- Have any of the following problems increased or started since the abortion:
- Eating disorders
- Abusive relationships
- Increased sexual activity
- Drug and/or alcohol use
- Feeling so sad you're unable to handle responsibilities
- Suicidal thoughts or thoughts about hurting yourself
- Recurrent nightmares
Are you interested in a support group for women who've had abortions and want to work through these problems?
PCC has trained counselors ready to help you work through the pain of past abortion. Call 316.945.9400 and ask about our Hope Renewed program or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .